Our team of highly qualified engineers and technicians can assist offering a wide range of technical services used within the following industries and applications: oil and gas, renewables, hazardous area installations including refineries and nuclear.
RCP have a team of highly technical personnel ready to assist you with a wide range of offshore engineering services including PLC migration, programming and fault investigation, drilling instrumentation and safety system surveys, BOP control panel refurbishment and sensor recalibration services. We also provide the following generic services.
• CompEx inspections and surveys – Compliance reporting and remedial work
• Installation and commissioning of low voltage electrical and control equipment
• Project Support – On-site supervision
• Rig refit and SPS Support – Installation teams and supervision
• Hydraulic workshop container hire (Containerised hydraulic workshop for hire)
• Equipment Surveys – Control equipment, instrumentation, BOP and Choke panel surveys
• Cable installation and testing – Fibre, Profibus, Profinet and standard multicore
RCP have provided equipment and skilled engineering services for the decommissioning process for some time. In order to fulfil decommissioning commitments rig equipment may need to be upgraded as parts of the drilling package such as electrical control and instrumentation equipment may now be obsolete, unsupported or faulty. .
RCP have supplied new equipment and engineering specialists to refurbish BOP control equipment, anti-collision systems and instrumentation for platforms undertaking well abandonment campaigns.
Workshop facilities in both Blackburn and Kintore (Aberdeenshire) support RCPs’ onshore electrical and hydraulic engineering services. Our onshore services include the following:
• Hydraulic and pneumatic gauge calibration
• Chart recorder hire and repair
• Electrical gauge and sensor calibration
• Hydraulic workshop and equipment overhaul facility
• HMI and PLC coding
• Software programming services
• Professional engineering consultancy, CAD services
• CompEx consultancy
CompEx Consultancy services
Competency in Explosive atmospheres is a global certification scheme for personnel working in potentially explosive atmospheres.
• Intrinsically safe circuits design and consultancy
Explosive atmospheres equipment design consultancy services for companies who require guidance through the design and planning phase of electrical installations in potentially explosive atmospheres. RCP design engineers are Compex 12 accredited and work with you to guarantee that all legislative requirements of the new 2014 installation and inspection standards are met.
• Electrical installation, de-commissioning, inspection and reporting
Our engineers and technicians can assist in the preparation for, inspection, and maintenance of Ex rated equipment.
RCP will supply a comprehensive team of installation and commissioning personnel with the right skill sets and experience to assist you with a wide range of complex engineering projects. Our teams have worked successfully with a number of global clients on high profile projects recently ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
Recent projects where RCP engineers and technicians were used:
• NOV Brake control system installation
• NOV choke console modifications and upgrades
• Oceaneering BOP control system installation supervision
• Turners EPS engine control and management system integration
• Turners EPS engine harmonic testing and certification for BP
• Load Jacks ATEX sensor design and consultancy services
• WOM manifold instrumentation and monitoring system
• Shoreconnection Deck motion monitor installation - UKNS
• Shoreconnection Heli deck monitoring system – Brazil, Singapore
RCP can provide bespoke and refresher training for electrical and electronic personnel involved in basic PLC awareness and sensor calibration techniques.
As an OEM of control equipment we can also tailor equipment training to replicate equipment installations so that training is as near to what the maintenance teams will experience onsite.
TBM and ACS demonstration equipment is readily available at RCP Aberdeen for client demonstration purposes, should you wish to view a demonstration please contact us.